Copyright, publishing and media rights
“Even short sentences are often given plenty of thought. Simply copying them is therefore only acceptable in the rarest of cases.”
Copyright has enormous significance, particularly in the creative industry, but also for software companies and publishers. The legal positions imparted by copyright and publishing rights often form a major component of a company's actual enterprise value. As such, establishing, exploiting, preserving and defending copyright and publishing rights are particularly important in this regard. In this effort, we support many publishers, software companies, advertising agencies and other creative organisations.
Legal consultation regarding copyright, publishing and media rights
- Advance consultation within the framework of establishing copyright and publishing and media rights – examination of the potential work for its protectability, particularly in compliance with the German Copyright Act (Urheberrechtsgesetz), the German Act on Copyright Administration (Wahrnehmungsgesetz) and the German Publishing Act (Verlagsgesetz)
- Subjective copyright refers to the subjective and absolute right that protects the non-material and material interests of the author in his work of the mind.
- Judicial and out-of-court enforcement of copyright protection rights
- Consulting and support in connection with sales measures – direct marketing, call centre contracts, opt-in structuring, telesales, e-mail and fax advertising
- Judicial and out-of-court enforcement of general personal rights – general civil law, arts and copyright law, German Act against Unfair Competition (Gesetz gegen den unlauteren Wettbewerb)
- Securing, enforcing of compensation claims
- Review, negotiation and preparation of national and international use and licence contracts, translation contracts, publisher contracts, proofreading contracts, merchandising contracts, general terms and conditions of business, employment or work contracts, actors' contracts, data protection declarations, etc.
- Review, negotiation and preparation of national and international publishing contracts
- Consulting on issues related to price fixing for books
- Consulting on issues related to the protection of work titles and brands
- Project monitoring and project support – review of general personal rights, image rights, etc.
- Employee invention law
- Employee training courses and seminars regarding copyright and publishing and media rights
- Expert reports regarding copyright issues
Further information on Legal field copyright, publishing and media rights...