- experienced in-house lawyer, providing legal counselling on a global level as part of a matrix organisation with direct reporting lines to a Japanese parent company being registered at the Tokyo stock exchange (previous reporting line to the CEO EMEA as director legal)
- additional studies in economics with a degree as “business lawyer” from the University of Bayreuth
- Bar-certified specialist in information technology law (IT-law), graduated from the Media Law Research Department at University of Applied Sciences Cologne
- licensing of intellectual property, especially in the field of software development
- legal management of global outsourcing projects
- network of lawyers and consultants especially in the EMEA region
Mainly Volker deals with with legal issues in the areas of IT- and data privacy/protection law, intellectual property matters and commercial law. His service of strategic legal counselling covers areas such as technology transfer and licensing in addition to outsourcing, internet and mobile content as well as legal issues of a sales and marketing organisation.
The kind of legal service provided by Volker is characterized by a high level of integration and pro-activeness in order to blend in as integral part of the client's business- or project-team. A hands-on approach comes naturally with the objective target to support as best as possible in achieving his client's corporate goals.